Young competitors take centre stage at weekend of events
- Credit: Archant
Triathlon It was a successful weekend for the younger members of the BRJ Run and Tri Club as they competed against some of the best young competitors in the region at the Ipswich Junior Triathlon.
The club fielded two sets of siblings in the race, which features swimming, cycling and running elements, and there were strong performances from all competitors in a fiercely contested event.
Beatrice Pauley, age 12, finished first in the TS2 girls race, while brother Dominic, age 10, finished second in TS1 boys race, just 30 second behind the winner.
Lucia Mosca came 15th in the TS2 girls race, while brother Livio, age 9, came 15th in the TS1 boys race.
Also taking place at the weekend was the annual Ely Aquathlon at Kings Ely, in East Cambridgeshire, in which four young BRJ members took part.
Isabel Moore, age 10, finished second in the tristar 1 girls race, Edward Cochrane, age 13, was first in tristar 3 boys race, Freddie Spavins, age 9, was fourth in tristar 1 boys race, and Daniel Moore, age 12, was fourth in tristar 2 boys race.
Elsewhere, there were a number of strong finishes for young BRJ competitors at the Ironkids Aquathlon – a race featuring a run and a swim – at Zell am See, in Austria.
- 1 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 2 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 5 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 6 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 7 Cannabis plants worth £640,000 raided by police at property
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 10 Court appearance for man and woman after cannabis factory discovered
BRJ had two podium places with Lauren Elliott finishing second girl in the 2002 birth year group and Jodie Elliott finishing in second in the 2006 year group.
Havanna Miller finished fourth in the 2002 year group, Lilly O’Dell finished fifth in the 2003 year group, Louis Miller finished ninth in the 2004 year group, and Ruby O’Dell finished sixth in the 2009 year group.