Wyboston Lakes quartet complete another charity trek over 72 holes
THERE was another 72-hole marathon in Huntingdonshire recently with Julie White, Dean Hall, Luke Jakes and Mark Jennings taking 13 hours and 10 minutes to complete four rounds of Wyboston Lakes on Friday, July 22.
The four golfers covered approximately 20 miles and took more than 300 while raising a whopping �3,330 for McMillan Cancer Support.
“This was truly a golf marathon – and not for the faint hearted. It was a challenge not to be underestimated.
“We were raising funds for Macmillan Cancer Support and it was in memory of my amazing mum.
“The wonderful chaps who covered these miles with me did it for anyone whose lives has been touched by cancer – and for those who are living with it right now.
You may also want to watch:
“This is such an important cause.”
Donations are still be taken at www.justgiving.com/Jules-White0
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity