WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: Carla Humphrey bound for the City
- Credit: Archant
Brampton talent Carla Humphrey is to launch a new chapter in her career.
The 20 year-old has joined FA Women’s Superleague Division One side Bristol City from Arsenal Ladies.
Humphrey, who can play as a midfielder or a forward, spent more than a decade with the Gunners after being spotted playing grassroots football as a youngster.
Speaking to the City website, Humphrey said: “As soon as I heard the club were interested, I didn’t hesitate in going down to meet with the manager.
“The facilities are fantastic and I was encouraged by the vision of the club coming back into WSL 1.
You may also want to watch:
“They are here to stay and the willingness to grow as a club matches my ambition as a player. I want to play regular football to develop and I believe Bristol City Women is the best place for me to do that.”
Humphey made 23 senior appearances for Arsenal Ladies, scoring three goals. She also gained valuable top-flight experience when spending last season on loan at Doncaster Belles.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
She has also represented England at Under 17 and Under 20 levels.