SCHOOL SPORT: Lacrosse proves to be a big hit at St Neots primary school
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at a St Neots school were treated to a lacrosse masterclass recently.
Thomas Chalklen, the president of the Cambridge University Lacrosse Cub, introduced children in Year 5 and 6 at Winhills Primary Academy to the sport.
And it proved so popular that the school have purchased their own equipment to provide further lacrosse opportunities as part of their curriculum.
Headteacher John Turner said: "The children loved every minute of it and had smiles on their faces throughout.
"We are very thankful to Thomas for coming to visit us and the children cannot wait to try our new lacrosse equipment out."
You may also want to watch:
The taster session was organised with the help of the Hunts School Sports Partnership.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'