Win tickets to the Guineas Festival at Newmarket
THE Hunts Post is offering readers the chance to win tickets for a day of world-class horse racing at the Guineas Festival at Newmarket on Sunday May 2. As well as the thrill of seeing one of the season s top flat races, the StanJames.com 1,000 Guineas,
THE Hunts Post is offering readers the chance to win tickets for a day of world-class horse racing at the Guineas Festival at Newmarket on Sunday May 2.
As well as the thrill of seeing one of the season's top flat races, the StanJames.com 1,000 Guineas, there will also be a full programme of entertainment for children.
We have 10 pairs of tickets to give away, and the first name out of the hat will also win a �25 bet with bookmaker Stan James.
Trainers and riders will be hoping to emulate the success of Ghanaati, the winner in 2009, by taking Guineas glory in the day's showpiece race.
There are seven races during the day, with the action getting underway at 2pm. Stan James will also be giving away a brand new Ford Fiesta in a free prize draw.
To stand a chance of winning, just answer the following question: What was the name of the 2009 winner of the 1,000 Guineas?
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 4 Could you give these pets a home?
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 10 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
B) Red Rum
To enter, e-mail your answer, name, address and daytime contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for entries is 12 noon on Friday, April 30. Winners will be notified the same day, and tickets will be available at the racecourse on Sunday, May 1. Usual Archant competition rules apply.
INFORMATION: Children under 18 are admitted free, and those under 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Adult admission starts at �10 for the Rowley Enclosure, where the children's entertainment is located. Grandstand and paddock tickets are �25 and premier enclosure tickets are �40, with concessions for 18-24-year-olds, students and senior citizens. See www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk or call 0844 579 3010.