Win tickets to see original hard man of football!
A SPORTING extravaganza with two football stars from the 1970s is in store at a Ramsey pub next month. The Hunts Post has teamed up with The Lion, at Ramsey St Mary s, to offer two pairs of tickets to the event, on June 22. Liverpool legend Tommy Smith MB
A SPORTING extravaganza with two football stars from the 1970s is in store at a Ramsey pub next month.
The Hunts Post has teamed up with The Lion, at Ramsey St Mary's, to offer two pairs of tickets to the event, on June 22.
Liverpool legend Tommy Smith MBE and Steve Kindon, the self-styled 'funniest man in football', will be on hand to offer words of wisdom on their football careers - and much more.
Hard man Smith, 62, won four championships, two FA cups and the European Cup with Liverpool during his career. He was nicknamed 'The Anfield Iron' by Liverpool supporters.
Winger Kindon, 56, played more than 100 games for Burnley before moving to Wolves in 1972, where he scored 31 goals in 150 appearances. He is nicknamed 'The Tank'.
The prize includes the chance to meet and have photographs taken with both men plus seats at the top table.
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 4 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 5 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 10 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
To enter, answer the following simple question:
With which side did Tommy Smith spend the majority of his career?
B) Bristol City
C) Borussia Moenchengladbach
Send your answer on a postcard or back of an envelope to: Tommy Smith Competition, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon PE29 3TB. Usual Archant terms and conditions apply. Entries must include a name, address and daytime telephone number and reach us by Friday, June 8.
INFORMATION: Tickets for the evening cost £35 each or £330 for a table of 10. To book, contact The Lion on 01733 844386.