Win maintains momentum
Bedford U13 0 St Ives U13 55 SAINTS continued their momentum of recent weeks with a controlled performance at Bedford. Five first-half tries were followed up by another four after the break and, despite late pressure from Bedford, the Saints back line hel
Bedford U13 0 St Ives U13 55
SAINTS continued their momentum of recent weeks with a controlled performance at Bedford.
Five first-half tries were followed up by another four after the break and, despite late pressure from Bedford, the Saints back line held firm to keep a clean sheet.
Jake Peattie and Nathan Dewar both scored a hat-trick of tries with Angus Hughes, Dan Malem and Alex Colah also crossing the line. Malem also hit four conversions with the other coming from Jack Topham.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives U16 10 Oundle U16 5
SAINTS borrowed two players from their U15 side for this half-term fixture, and both Alex Fry and Andrew Howard acquitted themselves well.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 9 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 10 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
Steve Hehir opened the scoring in the corner after good work from James Wood and David Baker in the centre. Hehir doubled his tally shortly afterwards and Saints had a 10-0 lead.
However, any thoughts of a walkover were quashed as Oundle battered the home side but couldn't break through until the final minute of the match.
STAGS U12s ran in 12 tries against Stewart & Lloyds, who managed only two in reply.
Ethan Moss, Josh Doonan and Barney West all scored hat-tricks with Tom Allpress, Peter Williams and Angus Allpress completing the scoring. Jack Skidmore converted 10 times and Moss once to complete the scoring.
The U10 Stags team played two games against S&L, winning one and losing one. James Harris (2), Fergus Moran, Jack Lewsley and Charlie Saunders scored tries.
Despite tries from Matthias Moss (3), Toby Doonan (2) and Henry Ward, Stags U9s lost two and drew one of their fixtures against S&L in three very tight games.
Stags U8s split into two teams and played a triangular tournament against S&L with lots of good play on show and nearly every player crossing the try line.
Finally, Stags U7s finished unbeaten in their games with S&L. Ben Hegan, Thomas Doonan, Fraser Hutton, Harry Edwards, Kristian Clarke-Read, and George Farrar all crossed the line while Freddy Ward impressed in defence.