Wilson brace for Fenny
BIS League Fenstanton Reserves 4 Exning Reserves 2 MATT Wilson scored twice as Fenstanton reserves got their season off to a winning start at Green Lane. Nigel Jakes also scored as Fenstanton went into half-time 3-0 up and Dave Adams made it four after th
Fenstanton Reserves 4 Exning Reserves 2
MATT Wilson scored twice as Fenstanton reserves got their season off to a winning start at Green Lane.
Nigel Jakes also scored as Fenstanton went into half-time 3-0 up and Dave Adams made it four after the break before Exning pulled two goals back.
You may also want to watch:
St Neots & District Sunday League
HOUGHTON and Wyton continued their winning start to the season with a 2-0 triumph against Rivermill Tavern.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
Brett Dockerill tormented the visiting defence before Lee Hayward scored the opening goal and Hayden Adams drove in the second.
Also in the Premier Division, RH Lions lost out 3-2 to the Old Sun Inn despite captain Gav Howard giving his side the lead. Rob Smith rounded his marker to pull a goal back late on but the Old Sun held on.
In division one, Eagle Heating thrashed THS Southoe 5-0. Paul Carey scored a hat-trick as the home side dominated and there was a goal each for Dave Watts and Mark Davies.
In the second division, Hinchingbrooke Veterans romped to a 9-0 win at Cromwells to secure their place on top of the league.
The team have scored an incredible 31 goals in just three games this season. At the weekend it was Jonny Seekings who starred, bagging an impressive four goals. Cromwells scored two own goals for the visitors and single strikes from Damian Sharp, Billy Smith and Carl Ackerley completed the rout.