DUATHLON: Wonderful Williams extends her proud medal record
- Credit: Archant
Jess Williams maintained her proud 100 per cent record on the international sporting stage recently.
The Needingworth star won a silver medal at the European Duathlon Championships in Ibiza.
It was all business for Williams on the Balearic party island as she finished second in the female 25-29yrs age group. She completed the 10km run, 40km cycle and 2.5km run in a total time of 2:02.12.
Williams overcame illness to collect a bronze medal in her age group at the World Duathlon Championships earlier this year after claiming silver in the corresponding event back in 2016.
“I’m very proud to have finished on the podium in every international event that I’ve taken part in,” said 28 year-old Williams.
“I feel this is my strongest performance to date. It was very hot in Ibiza with temperatures above 30 degrees and the standard of competition was very high.
“I’m really pleased with everything I’ve achieved this year and I’m already looking forward to competing in the World and European championships again next year whilst also trying to retain my British title.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 6 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 7 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 8 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
Williams has thanked her sponsors Sports4tri, DKDdesign and the One Leisure gym in St Ives for their backing.
She will now turn her attention to cross-country running for Riverside Runners this summer and is hopeful of gaining county selection.