Will Muzuimbiri has mixed day in Boxing Day defeat for St Ives
- Credit: Archant
St Ives boss Ricky Marheineke is running out of patience with frustrating forward Will Muzuimbiri.
The Zimbabwe Under 21 international was sent off for the second time this season as the Saints slipped up 4-2 against Royston Town at ProEdge Westwood Road on Boxing Day.
Muzuimbiri was dismissed for collecting a second caution early in the second half of the Southern League Division One Central clash. He had previously been yellow-carded for conceding the penalty that allowed Royston to cancel out Scott Sinclair’s opening goal for St Ives in which he had played a key role.
Marheineke admitted: “Will worked hard for his chance on Boxing Day. He did very well to create the first goal but a lack of concentration cost us when he conceded the penalty.
“He then had two warnings from the referee for persistent fouling when already booked and eventually got sent off after making a needless challenge. He gave the referee a decision to make and let everyone down.
“He is now going to serve a fourth suspension of the season and I have to think about my options.
“I’ve got to decide if he can be managed or if he has become too much of a liability.”
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 7 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
Saints trailed 2-1 at the time of Muzuimbiri’s exit but two further Royston goals put them to the sword before substitute Jonny Stead hit a late consolation.
Marheineke has since made approaches for Huntingdon frontman Declan Rogers and Hitchin Town player Andrew Osei-Siribour.
St Ives travel to Bedford Town on New Year’s Day.