White-hot Alconbury wonders capture their latest trophy
- Credit: Archant
Alconbury White Under 13s picked up their first trophy of the season by winning the Peterborough & District Junior Alliance League Cup final last Sunday.
Kian Pilkington pulled off a vital save during a penalty shoot-out success against against Hampton Blue at the Branch Bros Stadium in Peterborough.
The two sides battled out a goalless deadlock before Alconbury triumphed 4-2 from the spot with Hampton also missing an effort in addition to seeing one saved by Pilkington.
The Alconbury side have set their sights on a spectacular back-to-back honours treble.
They are also firm favourites for the Division One title and will contest the PFA Under 13 Cup Final at the ABAX Stadium - the home of League One club Peterborough United - next month.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Ramsaran’s side are set to move into the Eastern Junior Alliance for a new challenge at Under 14 level next season.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack