What a Guy! Jolly wins trophies and tops national series
- Credit: Archant
It has been a terrific start to 2015 for Guy Jolly in the V8 Hotstox series.
The Huntingdon racer is toasting his first trophy success after being crowned Northern and Midlands champion.
The titles are based on results achieved in the opening two rounds of the overall series.
The second of those was held at the Loomer Road Stadium in Stoke at the weekend when Jolly took second place in both his heats and the feature final.
Jolly also leads the overall national series which continues at Skegness next month.
“It was another great meeting,” said Jolly. “And it is a great feeling to win my second title in the V8 class after the Supreme Championship last year.
“This title is as much for my team, friends, family and sponsors as it is for me.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
“Everything seems to be going right so far this year and long may it continue.”
The V8 Hotstox Series continues at Skegness in late May.