Westbury strike can’t save injury-hit side
Kershaw League A DEPLETED Eaton Socon side went down to a 2-1 defeat at Cottenham United despite a goal from Glen Westbury midway through the second half. Meanwhile, Eaton Socon A went down to a 2-1 defeat at home to Great Chesterford reserves despite a g
A DEPLETED Eaton Socon side went down to a 2-1 defeat at Cottenham United despite a goal from Glen Westbury midway through the second half.
Meanwhile, Eaton Socon A went down to a 2-1 defeat at home to Great Chesterford reserves despite a goal from substitute Paul Arnold.
Fenstanton went down 2-1 at home to St Ives Rangers at Hall Green Lane. Saints took the lead through a cross-shot and although Fenny levelled soon afterwards through Dan Edwards, Rangers stole it late on.
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdon United RGE cruised to a 4-1 victory at Soham United. Darrell Clark scored the opener before the hosts pulled back to 1-1 at half-time.
However, second half goals from Antony Gentile, Clark and Guy Rickson gave United the victory.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
Somersham Town were punished for some slack defending as they lost 2-0 at Hemingfords United and the reserves lost 4-0 to the same opponents.
St Neots & District
EAGLE Heating, let down by the non-appearance of Mark Davies, rallied to defeat Territorial FC 5-1. Eagles took the lead when Matt Miller volleyed into the top corner and the second goal came from veteran striker Paul Carey.
In the second period, Eagles stepped up a gear and Dave Watts smashed a hat-trick, being assisted on each occasion by Carey. Territorial managed a late consolation goal.
Houghton & Wyton kept up their 100 per cent record with an impressive 3-0 victory at Rivermill Tavern.
Lee Hayward opened the scoring with a goal from a well-worked corner.
Clinton Orchard was the next man on target, again from a corner and Hayward rounded off the win with a calm volley.
RH Lions recorded their first win of the season, coming from behind to win 5-1 against the George and Dragon. Rob Smith scored a hat-trick, while captain Gavin Howard bagged the other two.
Peterborough & District
WARBOYS made it four wins out of four after a 2-0 win against March St Marys.
Nick Childs scored his first goal for the club after latching on to an Arry Scarborough through ball on nine minutes and Omar Miller added the second shortly after the break.