Wells the hero in shootout
Huntingdon RGE sprung the surprise of the round in front of a large crowd when they visited Hemingford in this Senior Cup Round One Tie. Hemingford started the better and only good goalkeeping by Mick Wells kept RGE in the game. He was unable to prevent t
Huntingdon RGE sprung the surprise of the round in front of a large crowd when they visited Hemingford in this Senior Cup Round One Tie.
Hemingford started the better and only good goalkeeping by Mick Wells kept RGE in the game. He was unable to prevent the hosts grabbing the lead in the 20th minute but this only served to spur RGE on.
The visitors controlled much of the second half but it took until deep into injury time before Dave Gough nicked the equaliser.
Extra-time couldn't separate the teams but RGE progressed to Round Two as hero keeper Wells saved two penalties as the Huntingdon team ran out 4-2 winners
You may also want to watch:
* Somersham Reserves also booted higher division opponents out of a cup by beating Fowlmere. 3-1 adrift in the first half they pulled the score round to 4-4 by full time with the goals coming from Chad Bailey 2, Brian Wallace and Jon Ives.
With no scores in extra-time Somersham progress into the next round by winning 7-6 on penalties.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 9 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
* Ramsey Town beat Thorney 6-0 the goals came from Chris Taltons 2, Jamie Darlow 2 and one apiece for Joe Thompson and Stuart Harper.
The Reserves beat Alconbury Res 2-1 with goals from Nick Ransome and Chris Prentice and the "A" team won 7-0 against Sutton Bridge Res with hat-tricks from Michael Cook and Mark Pannet. Terry Petriello got the other goal
* Eagle Heating FC defeated THS Southoe 8-1 in Round Two of the Sunday Cup.
Southoe took the lead when Paul Arnold scored but a hat-trick by Dave Perry, two each for Paul Carey and Mark Davies and one from Dave Watts saw Eagle home.