Wellingborough Town 1 St Neots Town 0
ST NEOTS suffered an away defeat to a Wellingborough side that had not won or even scored in seven league games. The Rowley Park side failed to produce their recent free-scoring form and allowed the new look Doughboys to pick up a vital three points at t
ST NEOTS suffered an away defeat to a Wellingborough side that had not won or even scored in seven league games.
The Rowley Park side failed to produce their recent free-scoring form and allowed the new look Doughboys to pick up a vital three points at their expense.
A goal from recent signing Matt Freeman twenty minutes from time got Wellingborough the win.
"We had a lot of possession and a lot of the ball but we didn't force their keeper into making any saves and didn't deserve to score", said St Neots manager Marvin Johnson.
You may also want to watch:
"I'm disappointed that we didn't create many chances as we could've done because we had lots of the ball.
"They're goal was a mistake. He took a slap and missed the ball and then their striker scored an open goal, so it's disappointing for us not to get anything out of the game, but all our shots were straight at their keeper.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
"They've scored and they've taken their chances. If we had taken half our chances we would've at least deserved a draw. I would've liked a draw and we would've got one if we hadn't made the mistake. I think that would've been a fair result but you can say that about any game.
"We scored six goals in the last game and five in the game before that, but if we're not going to create any chances like we had in the previous two games then probably the best we could've got was a draw.
"They may not have scored for seven games but they had to score at some point so we couldn't count on them not scoring.
""We play Blackstones at home on Saturday and we have been finding home games difficult recently but if we can play well and create chances like we have done in the two games prior to this one then we should have a good chance of winning, but if we play badly and don't make chances again then we could lose.