Weekend mini rugby reports

U7 Huntingdon Stags 12 St Ives 4 STAGS charged to victory with tries from Lloyd Harper, Conner King and William Foster-Collier, braces from Mark Brand, George Moyles and Lewis Rendall and a George Moyles hat-trick. Huntingdon Stags 7 St Ives 6 Eddie Bra


Huntingdon Stags 12 St Ives 4

STAGS charged to victory with tries from Lloyd Harper, Conner King and William Foster-Collier, braces from Mark Brand, George Moyles and Lewis Rendall and a George Moyles hat-trick.

Huntingdon Stags 7 St Ives 6

Eddie Brand bagged a hat-trick as Moyles got two while Foster-Collier and Conner King completed the scoring.

Huntingdon Stags 12 St Ives 7

Most Read

Eddie Brand, Harry Thorpe and King got hat-tricks while Mark Brand, Foster-Collier and Moyles bagged the rest. Moyles won man-of-the match. Contact jezzthorpe1@gmail.com to get involved with the team.


Huntingdon Stags 6 St Ives 3

A FINE defensive display was shown by Stags to keep the visitors at bay in the first half as James Gould grabbed two and Max Stubbings one for a half-time lead. Despite a stronger second half Ives performance, Sam Green got a brace and Ben Rycroft scored to re-establish their half-time lead at the end.

Huntingdon Stags 9 St Ives 3

Harry March enjoyed a hat-trick while Jack Ellis and Josh Rycroft scored to fire the hosts ahead at the break. Again Ives picked up in the second half but Stags had tries from March and Josh Rycroft with two from Jason Park for a comfortable win.

Huntingdon Stags 5 St Ives 4

The final game was the closest, but not close enough to stop the visitors being tripled. Max Stubbings and Morgan Richards scored one each as the game was tied at the interval but Park, March and Josh Rycroft all scored to deny the visitors anything.


Huntingdon Stags 12 St Ives 9

HUNTINGDON Stags hosted St Ives at Hinchingbrooke on Sunday in a game split into four quarters to rotate their squad. The visitors started positively in a game littered with dropped passes and they dominated the play, scoring a try before the first break. The second quarter started with a disallowed Stags try but Ives soon controlled the game to run in five unanswered tried. Luke Totes pulled one back for Stags but it was a very one-sided score line at the interval.

The hosts started brighter in the second half as Will Greatorex and Fraser Hutton scored tries. Ben Hegan set up another and Greatorex had himself a hat-trick before the end to edge Huntingdon to within a point. A strong start in that last quarter saw Ben Williams get a try but the visitors replied straight from the restart. Hutton scored his second try as Ives started to tire and Stags powered on. Nathan Wadey ran in from a penalty and Totes got another two tries to turn the game around and earn Stags the win as all three age groups triumphed over Ives.


Ely 0 St Neots21

ELY took nothing from a powerful St Neots side over two games as they were rushed in the first. The game began closely contested but Saints took control as they warmed up and Ian McDonald broke the deadlock after five minutes, with Ben Rodgers converting. Matthew Peppler-Jones scored in the corner after scrum half Courtney Holdaway fed him the ball, and McDonald converted.

The story was the same after the interval, with Sam Hitchin continually breaking the opposition line. The ball was then shipped out for Ben Thompson to score and convert for a comprehensive victory.

Ely 14 St Neots 35

ST NEOTS doubled Ely, and won their second game with an even larger score. Thompson opened the scoring out wide but the hosts quickly responded for their own try which they converted for the lead. Holdaway then ran in her first try for the club byt Ely were strong from the restart and scored to tie the game 14-14 at the interval.

McDonald ran in an impressive individual try after the break which he converted, and fly-half Peppler-Jones complimented this with another converted try. Saints were dominating the game and George Haverson cleaned up a defensive kick from the hosts to run the full length of the pitch for a converted try as their strong display saw them win again.


Ely 0 Huntingdon Stags 46

ANOTHER home thrashing of Ely was on the cards for Stags as they repeated their feat of earlier in the season. Charlie Lee got the first try which Bal Dhital converted, and Lee had a hat-trick with Dhital adding another conversion before the break. Charlie Gabriel grabbed the visitors' fourth try in the dying minutes.

After the break Ely's late fight back withered as Lee, Zayd Makorie and Toby Dewar all added tries with Dhital converting a Laurie Marsh try.


Stevenage Colts 32 St Ives 17

ST IVES started well and were soon camped in the Stevenage half, but passes were dropped and try-scoring opportunities wasted as they failed to turn their dominance into a lead. The hosts soon punished this to break and score a try and though Ives kept pressing a terrible five minutes before the break saw the hosts run in three tries and convert one for a convincing half-time lead.

The visitors started off much stronger and more determined after the interval, and substitute Ollie Bartlett was soon clear for their first try, which Andrew Howard converted. Howard complimented this by adding another try to their tally which he converted before scoring a penalty as the comeback looked on. Things then took a turn for the worse for the visitors as they had two tries disallowed and had to play with 13 men. They conceded two tries as the game drew to a close to lose by a harsh scoreline.