Weekend hockey reports
Leighton Buzzard IV 2 St Neots III 6 ST NEOTS signed off the promotion-winning league campaign in style with a comfortable away win over Leighton Buzzard. Juliana Dickinson opened the scoring for St Neots before the hosts drew level, but Charlie Gillam f
Leighton Buzzard IV 2 St Neots III 6
ST NEOTS signed off the promotion-winning league campaign in style with a comfortable away win over Leighton Buzzard. Juliana Dickinson opened the scoring for St Neots before the hosts drew level, but Charlie Gillam fired Saints ahead for the interval.
Dickinson scored her second for her 50th of the season and Gillam looked to have secured the points by making it 4-1. The hosts were fast on the break though and wasted numerous opportunities to get back into the game after being denied by the acrobatic Donna Selsby in goal, though they finally conceded from a blistering run. Dickenson was not happy with just 50 though and secured her hat-trick with minutes remaining before Chris Deeks completed the rout with the last play.
East League Division One NW
You may also want to watch:
Watton 5 St Ives 5 (Hollands, Palmer, Leighton, E. Crack, a.n.other)
THIS GOALFEST ended all square after a quit first half that saw Amanda Hollands' goal make it 1-1 at the interval.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 8 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
The visitors applied the pressure after the break as the game was dominated by the forwards. Lexi Palmer, Vicky Leighton and Emily Crack all scored from penalty corner routines, only to see the hosts reply each time. Ives failed to convert a penalty stroke and corner in the closing stages and left disappointed with a draw.
Cambs League Division One
St Ives III 1 City of Peterborough IV 1