Weekend Hockey reports
East League Division One St Ives 2 Wapping II 3 ST IVES started badly against Wapping and should have gone behind early on. Despite the poor start the hosts went in at half time with a narrow lead when Chris Duncan passed to Alex Gutteridge to score again
East League Division One
St Ives 2 Wapping II 3
ST IVES started badly against Wapping and should have gone behind early on. Despite the poor start the hosts went in at half time with a narrow lead when Chris Duncan passed to Alex Gutteridge to score against the run of play.
The second half started disastrously for Ives as the visitors scored from a penalty corner and took the lead after a lengthy goal mouth scramble. A change in formation saw the hosts gain momentum and after a penalty corner was stopped by a defender's foot Darren Coles converted the resulting penalty. Despite being level Ives lost the game after a lapse in concentration in the closing stages.
East League Division Four NW
Market Deeping II P St Ives II P
- 1 Small community café in St Neots "just hanging on"
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 5 Great honour for two men awarded the freedom of Huntingdon
- 6 Come and see Huntingdon's Beacon lighting ceremony for the Jubilee
- 7 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 10 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
St Neots II 2 St Ives III 0
ST NEOTS won the local derby when they hosted St Ives, settling the game with two first half goals. Ives set out to stifle their free scoring opponents, but their strategy only worked for three minutes. A further goal followed before the interval but Ives refused to come out and attack and instead opted to protect their superiour goal difference in the relegation battle with only Tim McGlashan's disallowed penalty corner threatening Saints' goal.
East Men's League Division Five NW
St Ives IV 1 St Neots III 3
East Men's League Division Seven NW
Rutland V 1 St Ives V 2