Weekend Hockey reports
East League Division One St Ives 2 Wapping II 3 ST IVES started badly against Wapping and should have gone behind early on. Despite the poor start the hosts went in at half time with a narrow lead when Chris Duncan passed to Alex Gutteridge to score again
East League Division One
St Ives 2 Wapping II 3
ST IVES started badly against Wapping and should have gone behind early on. Despite the poor start the hosts went in at half time with a narrow lead when Chris Duncan passed to Alex Gutteridge to score against the run of play.
The second half started disastrously for Ives as the visitors scored from a penalty corner and took the lead after a lengthy goal mouth scramble. A change in formation saw the hosts gain momentum and after a penalty corner was stopped by a defender's foot Darren Coles converted the resulting penalty. Despite being level Ives lost the game after a lapse in concentration in the closing stages.
You may also want to watch:
East League Division Four NW
Market Deeping II P St Ives II P
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 8 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
St Neots II 2 St Ives III 0
ST NEOTS won the local derby when they hosted St Ives, settling the game with two first half goals. Ives set out to stifle their free scoring opponents, but their strategy only worked for three minutes. A further goal followed before the interval but Ives refused to come out and attack and instead opted to protect their superiour goal difference in the relegation battle with only Tim McGlashan's disallowed penalty corner threatening Saints' goal.
East Men's League Division Five NW
St Ives IV 1 St Neots III 3
East Men's League Division Seven NW
Rutland V 1 St Ives V 2