We were toothless up front’ blasts joint-boss
Premier Division St Ives Town 1 Bourne Town 2 ANOTHER penalty from Saints captain Will Fordham wasn t enough to prevent mid-table Bourne picking up three points. Town never really got going and although Fordham s penalty on 15 minutes gave them the lead,
St Ives Town 1 Bourne Town 2
ANOTHER penalty from Saints captain Will Fordham wasn't enough to prevent mid-table Bourne picking up three points.
Town never really got going and although Fordham's penalty on 15 minutes gave them the lead, it wasn't long before the visitors were level through a penalty of their own.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives didn't wake up until after Bourne had taken a 2-1 lead in the 66th minute through a wind-assisted free kick but couldn't find an equaliser.
Town joint-manager Jez Hall said: "We were toothless in front of goal, conceded a needless penalty and lost to opponents we really should be looking to beat.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service
"It was a very frustrating performance and we are looking at signing a few new faces which will hopefully freshen the squad up a bit."
St Ives are without a game at the weekend. Town's next fixture sees them travel to bottom-placed Stotfold on January 27.