Tough day for first team but Waresley’s second string pick up the victory
- Credit: Archant
Waresley had a performance to forget as they lost by seven wickets to Old Leysians.
The visitors started quickly, reducing Waresley to 54-7, and although Rob Lowin and Samuel Johnson did stabilise the innings somewhat, they were all out for 97.
Old Leysians started their pursuit just as quickly and although there were three wickets for Lowin, the target was reached in the 19th over.
The seconds though won away at Little Shelford.
The home side made 152 with three wickets each for Nick Irish, Peter Colebrook and Ben Barrett and in reply partnerships between Jamie Fensome and Will Paul and then Paul and Jim Keys gave them a good start.
A flurry of wickets briefly put a spoke in the wheels but Jones (24*) and Keys (61*) saw them to a comfortable five-wicket win.
Three wickets for Lucy Barrett and Luke Lowten helped the Sunday side hold Longstanton to 139-8 before heavy rain prevented any further play.
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 6 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 7 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 8 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 9 Delight as Huntingdon primary school is praised by Ofsted inspectors
- 10 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing