Tough day for first team but Waresley’s second string pick up the victory
- Credit: Archant
Waresley had a performance to forget as they lost by seven wickets to Old Leysians.
The visitors started quickly, reducing Waresley to 54-7, and although Rob Lowin and Samuel Johnson did stabilise the innings somewhat, they were all out for 97.
Old Leysians started their pursuit just as quickly and although there were three wickets for Lowin, the target was reached in the 19th over.
The seconds though won away at Little Shelford.
The home side made 152 with three wickets each for Nick Irish, Peter Colebrook and Ben Barrett and in reply partnerships between Jamie Fensome and Will Paul and then Paul and Jim Keys gave them a good start.
You may also want to watch:
A flurry of wickets briefly put a spoke in the wheels but Jones (24*) and Keys (61*) saw them to a comfortable five-wicket win.
Three wickets for Lucy Barrett and Luke Lowten helped the Sunday side hold Longstanton to 139-8 before heavy rain prevented any further play.
- 1 Roadworks around Huntingdon for week commencing March 8
- 2 Man's video doorbell showed 'masked man trying his car door handle' in early hours
- 3 Warning after attempted dog thefts
- 4 Plans for 120 homes on field next to former animal testing site in Houghton
- 5 Huntingdon firm's oldest employee looking forward to new normal
- 6 Huntingdon Bid chairman looking forward to town centre opening up
- 7 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 8 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 9 More signs of Spring and some interesting starling murmurations
- 10 Huntingdon man due in court for suspected drug deal charge