Waresley easy like a Sunday morning even if Saturday is not alright
- Credit: WARESLEY CC
Waresley suffered a four-wicket defeat despite a late fightback against Cambs & Hunts Premier League Division Two leaders Blunham.
They were dismissed for 158 in the 45th over, the main contributions coming from in-form Joe Barrett (52) and Sam Johnson (25).
The visitors' response started in emphatic style with 71 for the first wicket but a middle-order wobble led by Dom Farr (4-32) and Laurence Frederick (2-33) took them from 125-2 to 138-6.
That though was as good as it got for the hosts.
The following day was much better though as Waresley's Sunday side won for the first time this season, beating Southill Park by 17 runs.
They made 220-2 in their 40 overs with Johnson hitting 11 fours and a six in his 102 and Ben Irish remaining unbeaten for 64, the pair putting on 156 for the second wicket.
Southill Park stayed in the hunt for much of the game but Barrett (3-31), James Buss (3-40), Jim Keys (1-18), James Petzer (1-20) and Ben Barrett (1-25) kept chipping away with wickets as the visitors ended on 203-9.
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- 3 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 4 Have you seen Stevie the horse?
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Petition launched to save school transport for special needs schools
- 7 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 8 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 9 Plea to hold a Macmillan Coffee Morning as sign-ups drop
- 10 Back after Zoom meetings and in fine voice