Volleyball: Having a ball
Despite being novices, a Scout group triumphed in a volleyball tournament against stiff competition during an adventure holiday in Norway. The 32 youngsters, aged 10-16, are from the first Fenstanton and Hilton Scout Group and won the tournament while ca
Despite being novices, a Scout group triumphed in a volleyball tournament against stiff competition during an adventure holiday in Norway.
The 32 youngsters, aged 10-16, are from the first Fenstanton and Hilton Scout Group and won the tournament while camping for a week on an island in the middle of the Oslo Fjord, with other Scout troops from Norway.
Many of the Scouts had never even tried volleyball before they started practising for the tournament but worked hard to get to the final and managed to win the competition.
They were awarded with T-shirts on stage at the closing ceremony of the week before the entire camp got the chance to see the Norwegian premiere of the new Harry Potter film.
The Scout club spent the trip getting to grips with nature. They built their own camp in the rain and even cooked their own food, including a whole trout each on the barbecue.
The team spent the rest of the week tree climbing, raft building, crab fishing, axe throwing and swimming.
- 1 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
- 6 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 7 Fun in the sun at Huntingdon Carnival 2022
- 8 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 9 Permanent Friday home for HCCN group
- 10 First breast-feeding friendly venue announced for St Neots
INFORMATION: If you are interested in becoming an adult leader for the Beavers, Cubs or Scouts, visit www.scubes.co.uk or contact Louise Clover on 01480 831715.