Upwood youngsters and club on the up after county cup triumph
- Credit: UPWOOD CC
There was celebrations for Upwood Cricket Club's youngsters as they claimed a fabulous county cup triumph.
The Huntingdon Road-based club's U13 side were battling Godmanchester in the final and came away with a six-wicket win.
Winning the toss and electing to field, they held their opponents to 93-3.
Bertie Thackray top-scored for Goddy with 29 not out and there was a four from Elliot Ratcliff on his way to 16.
Oli Marsh was the star for Upwood though, claiming 2-15 in his four overs with a run-out accounting for the third wicket.
Marsh opened the reply and bagged a four before heading back to the pavilion and he was followed not long after by George Tuffin and George Buckle, leaving Upwood on 22-3.
Skipper Jacob Milner though was in no mood to leave the crease until he had to and he eventually retired as per the competition rules on 30.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 7 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 8 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 9 Hearings on A428 upgrade are set to resume
- 10 Sawtry Village Academy support 'DOGTOBER' initiative
It was then left to Ollie Gaillard (24*) and Sam Andrew (22*) to guide Upwood home.
Hannah McNish bagged 2-21 for Godmanchester while there was one wicket each for Ralf Beaumont and Ellen Lemmon.