Upwood youngsters and club on the up after county cup triumph
- Credit: UPWOOD CC
There was celebrations for Upwood Cricket Club's youngsters as they claimed a fabulous county cup triumph.
The Huntingdon Road-based club's U13 side were battling Godmanchester in the final and came away with a six-wicket win.
Winning the toss and electing to field, they held their opponents to 93-3.
Bertie Thackray top-scored for Goddy with 29 not out and there was a four from Elliot Ratcliff on his way to 16.
Oli Marsh was the star for Upwood though, claiming 2-15 in his four overs with a run-out accounting for the third wicket.
Marsh opened the reply and bagged a four before heading back to the pavilion and he was followed not long after by George Tuffin and George Buckle, leaving Upwood on 22-3.
Skipper Jacob Milner though was in no mood to leave the crease until he had to and he eventually retired as per the competition rules on 30.
- 1 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 2 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 5 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
It was then left to Ollie Gaillard (24*) and Sam Andrew (22*) to guide Upwood home.
Hannah McNish bagged 2-21 for Godmanchester while there was one wicket each for Ralf Beaumont and Ellen Lemmon.