ATHLETICS: Howard leads the way as Hunts AC impress in relay event
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC were represented with quantity and quality at the South of England Road Relays last Sunday.
A total of 17 club juniors took part in the event based at Crystal Palace National Sports Centre which involved each team member completing the same 3.1km course.
The Under 15 Boys quartet were the most impressive Hunts AC performers as their total time of 43:42.50 earned 10th place from 54 competing teams.
Howard Croft produced a fine opening leg of 10:17.75 - the seventh quickest individual effort in the age group - with Dominic Pauley (11:06.60), Ciaran Burke (11:21.70) and Jacob Preston (10:56.45) completing a fine team effort.
Others Hunts AC results:
Under 13 Girls, 32nd, 41:24.15 (Eliza Mardon 13:37.50, Evie Flockhart 13:46.90, Ella Watson 13:59.75).
Under 13 Boys, 28th, 52:45.40 (Tom Waterworth 13:02.55, Aaron Hawkins 13:23.65, William Crowther 13:36.90, Alasdair Large 12:42.30).
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 7 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 10 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
Under 15 Girls, 51st, 41:57.15 (Cerys Davis 14:19.55, Maddie Jones 14:05.30, Caitlan Burke 13:32.30).
Under 17 Women, 27th, 38:33.65 (Olivia Mead 12:39.80, Beatrice Pauley 13:53.60, Ella Robinson 12:00.25).