Unbeaten century makes Aniskowicz hero of the hour
BLUNTISHAM seconds had to watch Ely and Haddenham seconds Edward Aniskowicz score an unbeaten century as they slipped to defeat on Saturday. Aniskowicz s ton pushed Ely to 223-7 off 40 overs. Bluntisham s reply fell well short and they were all out for
BLUNTISHAM seconds had to watch Ely and Haddenham seconds' Edward Aniskowicz score an unbeaten century as they slipped to defeat on Saturday.
Aniskowicz's ton pushed Ely to 223-7 off 40 overs.
Bluntisham's reply fell well short and they were all out for 156..
Home side Ely won the toss and decided to bat first on a deteriorating pitch.
Steve Jackson was out for a duck in the third over, and his opening partner Michael Tickner soon followed for just six.
This brought in-form Aniskowicz to the crease. In his previous two innings he had unbeaten half-centuries.
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 8 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 9 Old Mill upgrade resumes at Godmanchester
- 10 Wood Farm has become 'rodent heaven' says Anne Marie
In the 40th and final over, Aniskowicz completed his century, when a dropped catch on 99 allowed him to get his final run in what was a match-winning performance.
Aniskowicz finished on 100 in 36 overs.
The highlight was a huge six which landed on top of the nearby sports centre's roof.