Two major titles in as many weekends as Shannon Flockhart stars in Cambridgeshire and Anglian Schools’ events
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC star Shannon Flockhart has collected major titles on successive weekends.
Flockhart followed up Cambridgeshire Schools’ glory in the junior girls’ 1500m with Anglian Schools’ success.
She powered 20 seconds clear of her rivals to collect the county prize in Peterborough in a time of 4:43.4 which was also enough to earn her a new club record. It bettered the previous mark of Jane Ewing which had stood for 32 years.
Flockhart was in equally excellent form when adding the regional crown to her collection last Sunday.
Despite facing much tougher opposition in the Anglian Schools’ field, Flockhart powered clear by four seconds in 4:45.8.
Her two most recent performances are likely to give her an outstanding chance of being selected for the English Schools’ Championships early next month.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 6 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products