Two major titles in as many weekends as Shannon Flockhart stars in Cambridgeshire and Anglian Schools’ events
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC star Shannon Flockhart has collected major titles on successive weekends.
Flockhart followed up Cambridgeshire Schools’ glory in the junior girls’ 1500m with Anglian Schools’ success.
She powered 20 seconds clear of her rivals to collect the county prize in Peterborough in a time of 4:43.4 which was also enough to earn her a new club record. It bettered the previous mark of Jane Ewing which had stood for 32 years.
Flockhart was in equally excellent form when adding the regional crown to her collection last Sunday.
Despite facing much tougher opposition in the Anglian Schools’ field, Flockhart powered clear by four seconds in 4:45.8.
You may also want to watch:
Her two most recent performances are likely to give her an outstanding chance of being selected for the English Schools’ Championships early next month.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder