Two late goals ensure St Neots victory
UCL Premier Division Ford Sports Daventry 0 St Neots Town 2 TWO crucial late goals gave Saints an important victory at rock-bottom Ford Sports Daventry and ended a run of five successive league defeats. Town had to survive the loss of captain Nicky Hurst
UCL Premier Division
Ford Sports Daventry 0 St Neots Town 2
TWO crucial late goals gave Saints an important victory at rock-bottom Ford Sports Daventry and ended a run of five successive league defeats.
Town had to survive the loss of captain Nicky Hurst with an ankle injury and the sending off of Mark Franklin on 70 minutes to secure the win.
You may also want to watch:
Ford Sports also had a man sent off for a foul in the box on Wes Byrne on 80 minutes, Russell Lawes stepping up to convert from the spot. Young substitute Rory McKay wrapped up the win two minutes from time after a good run from Ashley Deverall.
Delighted Saints boss Steve Young said: "It was a classic six-pointer. We defended very well and Ryan Hunt did excellently for us in goal.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
"A few of the other strugglers picked up good results so it was very important for us to keep up with the pack."
Saints will be looking to build on their victory when they take on fellow strugglers Bourne Town at home on Saturday. Potton United also visit Rowley Park on Tuesday.