Two defeats leave Godmanchester mid-table
Ridgeon s First Division Cornard United 2 Godmanchester Rovers 1 Godmanchester Rovers 0 Great Yarmouth 2 GODMANCHESTER Rovers visited fellow mid-table Cornard United on Saturday and were disappointed to return pointless. The 2-1 defeat leaves manager Kar
Ridgeon's First Division
Cornard United 2 Godmanchester Rovers 1
Godmanchester Rovers 0 Great Yarmouth 2
GODMANCHESTER Rovers visited fellow mid-table Cornard United on Saturday and were disappointed to return pointless.
You may also want to watch:
The 2-1 defeat leaves manager Karly Hurst's side further adrift from the top three positions he had hoped to achieve this season.
Rovers dominated early on but Cornard scored on the break.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Godmanchester benefitted from an own goal to square the match, but just minutes before the break Cornard were awarded what appeared to be a harsh free kick and re-took the lead.
The second 45 minutes saw Rovers fail to break down the defence of Cornard who appeared happy to hold on for the points.
nEaster Monday's home game against Great Yarmouth followed a similar pattern to the Cornard encounter with the seasiders breaking away to score after being under early pressure. Yarmouth added their second in similar fashion on the half time whistle.
Ten corners and unbroken pressure on the Yarmouth goal by Rovers was not enough to find the net and the Norfolk side took the points.