Two days of terrific football at Rowdies tournament
- Credit: Archant
The second Huntingdon Rowdies summer tournament proved to be a roaring success over the weekend.
The event attracted 115 teams and an estimated 800 players to Jubilee Park for two days of competition across nine age groups.
And there were a stack of local victories, including one for the host club in the Under 8 section.
St Neots Town achieved an Under 9 and Under 10 double while Sawtry took the spoils in the youngest age group, Under 7.
Godmanchester Rovers were top dogs in the Under 11 section while Warboys were victorious at Under 13 level.
You may also want to watch:
Brampton Gladiators fought off their rivals in the Under 14 bracket and Needingworth reigned at Under 15 level.
Rowdies secretary Andy Maltby said: “We thank all the teams for participating in what seemed to be an enjoyable weekend of grassroots football with all games played in the right spirit.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“We are already looking at ways we can make further improvements for 2016 and we hope to welcome every team back again next year.”
The 2016 tournament has already been pencilled in for the weekend of June 25/26.
Winners: Sawtry. Runners-up: Raunds Town.
Winners: Huntingdon Rowdies. Runners-up: Buckden.
Winners: St Neots Town. Runners-up: Huntingdon Rowdies.
Winners: St Neots Town. Runners-up: Ringstead.
Winners: Godmanchester Rovers. Runners-up: Stotfold.
Winners: Stevenage. Runners-up: Huntingdon Rowdies.
Winners: Warboys. Runners-up: Netherton.
Winners: Brampton Gladiators. Runners-up: Malborne Utd.
Winners: Needingworth. Runners-up: Eye Utd.