TAG RUGBY: Big performances from Alconbury and Bury pupils at Small Schools’ event
- Credit: Archant
Awesome Alconbury and brilliant Bury tasted success at a recent Hunts School Sports Partnership event.
The annual Small Primary Schools' Tag Rugby tournament, which was staged at Hinchingbrooke School, attracted 20 teams from 14 local schools who took part in 'A' and 'B' competitions.
Alconbury CofE Primary School were victorious in the 'A' bracket after overcoming Wyton on the Hill Primary School in a close final.
Middlefield Primary Academy, from Eynesbury, took third place in that category.
Bury CofE Primary School were triumphant in the 'B' event with the Needingworth pupils of Holywell CofE Primary School finishing as runners-up.
You may also want to watch:
Spaldwick Community Primary School were third in that section while Eynesbury CofE Primary School won the 'Spirit of the Games' award which recognised key sporting values such as fair play, sportsmanship, respect and determination.
Brampton Village Primary School and Somersham Primary School took the 'A' and 'B' honours respectively at the Hunts School Sports Partnership event for larger primary schools which was held a week earlier.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k