TUCKER GARDNER LEAGUE: St Ives storm to the Division Two summit as Warboys are beaten in top-of-the-table tussle
- Credit: Archant
St Ives jumped to the top of Tucker Gardner League Division Two after reeling off a fifth successive victory.
Ryan Withers’ men blew away bottom side Weston Colville by 142 runs yesterday to ease into pole position.
Jack Haycock hit 68 as St Ives made 236 before dismissing the struggling visitors for just 94 with Michael Speed, Nikhil Kumpukkal, Faisal Khaliq and Richard Greiller all taking two wickets apiece.
In the process they leapfrogged the two teams involved in a top-of-the-table showdown.
Warboys saw their stay at the summit ended after just seven days due to being beaten by two four wickets at March.
You may also want to watch:
Skipper Matt Duncan top-scored with 78 – his second successive half-century – as Warboys reached 260-8, but it was a tally their hosts bettered with 10 balls to spare.
South African star Ruben Claassen hit his customary big score as Kimbolton eased to a five-wicket win at Newborough.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
Claassen led a successful chase with 69 while Harry Duberly was unbeaten on 58.
Claassen had earlier taken 3-55 as Newborough were dismissed for 195 while skipper Mark Roberts returned the impressive figures of 3-5.
The most dramatic conclusion came at St Peters Road where Huntingdon & District had to settle for a tie against Fordham.
Tail-ender Charlie Nelson couldn’t claim the one run required to seal victory in the final over before being dismissed off the final ball.
Frustratingly for the locals, West Indian ace Dario Cummins was stuck at the non-striker’s end on an unbeaten century as both sides finished on 210.
TUCKER GARDNER LEAGUE
HUNTINGDON & DISTRICT tied with FORDHAM
Huntingdon & District 210 (D. Cummins 104no).
MARCH beat WARBOYS by 4 wkts
Warboys 260-8 (M. Duncan 78, M. Cooksey 46).
NEWBOROUGH lost to KIMBOLTON by 5 wkts
Newborough 195 (M. Roberts 3-5, R. Claassen 3-55).
Kimbolton 196-5 (R. Claassen 69, H. Duberly 58no).
ST IVES beat WESTON COLVILLE by 142 runs
St Ives 236 (J. Haycock 68).
Weston Colville 94.