TUCKER GARDNER LEAGUE: Overseas aces shine as Fahey fires Warboys to the top of Division Two and Cummings leads Huntingdon & District to victory
- Credit: Archant
Adam Fahey hit a fabulous first century in English cricket to fire Warboys to the top of the Tucker Gardner League Division Two table.
The Kiwi ace hit 114 as his side powered to a 269-run triumph at Weston Colville yesterday.
James Trafford fell four runs short of joining Fahey in three figures and captain Matt Duncan made a half-century of his own as Warboys piled up a mighty 360 before skittling their hosts for just 91.
Trafford also starred with the ball, returning the terrific figures of 4-6 while Matt Lavender bagged 4-35.
Their stay at the summit may only last a few days though, as they have played one more match than their rivals – a situation which will change on Bank Holiday Monday next week.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives could well leapfrog Warboys in the coming days after reeling off a fourth successive victory yesterday.
Their 95-3 was amassed at a superior run rate to hosts Kimbolton’s 174 in a rain-shortened contest.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
Huntingdon & District also collected victory by the same method at Sawston & Babraham as overseas star Dario Cummings impressed.
He took three wickets as Martin Burton’s men removed their hosts for 162 and was unbeaten on 70 as they breezed to 157-2 in pursuit by the time rain stopped play.
Faisal Javed fell a couple of runs short of a half-century as Huntingdon & District collected their second success of the season while Gary Mills had earlier helped himself to four wickets.
TUCKER GARDNER LEAGUE
KIMBOLTON lost to ST IVES on run rate
St Ives 95-3.
SAWSTON & BABRAHAM lost to HUNTINGDON & DISRTICT on run rate
Sawston & Babraham 162.
Huntingdon & District 157-2.
WESTON COLVILLE Lost to WARBOYS by 269 runs
Warboys 360 (A. Fahey 114, J. Trafford 96, M. Duncan 59).
Weston Colville 91 (J. Trafford 4-6, M. Lavender 4-35).