TUCKER GARDNER LEAGUE: Eaton Socon success leaves Ramsey on the slide but Waresley are on the rise in Division One
- Credit: Archant
Ramsey were knocked off the top of the Tucker Gardner League Division One table yesterday – after failing to reel in another set of locals.
Michael Cafferkey’s men slipped to a third defeat in four games when coming up 12 runs short against Eaton Socon at Cricketfield Lane.
Taylor West top-scored with 66 as Ramsey could only reach 224-9 in pursuit of the visitors’ 236 as they dropped to third in the standings.
Matt Pateman (84) and captain Jonny Carpenter (65) were the star performers as Eaton Socon amassed a fine score despite the brilliant bowling of Ramsey ace Mark Edwards, who found himself on the losing side despite returning figures of 6-33.
Carpenter also proved a handful with the ball, taking 3-38 while fellow spinner Matt Rawling bagged 3-42.
Reigning champions Godmanchester failed to take advantage of Ramsey’s setback as they were also beaten.
Paul Swannell’s men did recover from 69-6 to reach 159 thanks to a half-century from Simon Rose, but that was not enough to prevent Nassington leaving The Parks in possession of a three-wicket verdict.
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 3 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 7 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
- 10 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
Bevis Moynan did his best to halt the visitors with 4-28 but they still emerged victorious to move into second spot in the table. Saffron Walden are the new leaders.
Alex Scully hit an unbeaten half-century as Waresley continued their rise.
Tom Griffiths’ side claimed a second successive victory when seeing off Wisbech by eight wickets yesterday.
Jake Allcock, Nigel Buckingham-Jones, Gary Cole and Chetan Chauhan claimed two victims apiece as Wisbech were dismissed for 110.
And Scully’s unbeaten 59, which featured 10 fours and a six, ensured Waresley breezed to victory with the minimum of fuss.
TUCKER GARDNER LEAGUE
GODMANCHESTER lost to NASSINGTON by 3 wkts
Godmanchester 159 (S. Rose 56).
Nassington 160-7 (B. Moynan 4-28).
RAMSEY lost to EATON SOCON by 12 runs
Eaton Socon 236 (M. Pateman 83, J. Carpenter 65, M. Kirkham 34, M. Edwards 6-33).
Ramsey 224-9 (T. West 66, J. Carpenter 3-38, M. Rawling 3-42).
WARESLEY beat WISBECH by 8 wkts
Waresley 112-2 (A. Scully 59no).