TUCKER GARDNER LEAGUE DIVISION TWO: Quickfire Khaliq stars with bat and ball as St Ives stay top, but Kimbolton continue their charge
- Credit: Archant
Faisal Khaliq delivered a fine all-round performance to keep St Ives top of Tucker Gardner League Division Two yesterday.
The Belgian international bagged four wickets before hitting aspeedy and unbeaten 37 to carry the locals to a four-wicket triumph at Newborough as they successfully chased a target of 106.
Red-hot Kimbolton roared to a fourth successive victory to close to within eight points of a promotion berth.
There were fine performances with bat and ball as they blew away bottom side Weston Colville by 150 runs.
Rory Fenton (89) and Chris Gilthorpe (84) led Kimbolton to 221-7 before Ruben Claassen (5-17) and Martin Moore (4-25) inspired the downfall of the tormented hosts for just 71.
You may also want to watch:
The two other local teams at this level are in miserable form. Huntingdon & District slipped to a fourth successive defeat when going down by seven wickets at Saffron Walden 2nds while Warboys remain in the relegation zone after a fifth reverse in a row.
They were beaten by 35 runs at Cambridge Granta 2nds when dismissed for 135 in pursuit of the hosts’ 168. That was despite the best efforts of Matt Lavender who followed up 3-19 with a top-scoring 31.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
TUCKER GARDNER LEAGUE
NEWBOROUGH lost to ST IVES by 4 wkts
Newborough 106 (F. Khaliq 4-35).
St Ives 110-6 (F. Khaliq 37).
SAFFRON WALDEN 2NDS beat HUNTINGDON & DISTRICT by 7 wkts
Huntingdon & District 141-9 (D. Cummins 37).
Saffron Walden 2nds 147-3.
WARBOYS lost to CAMBRIDGE GRANTA 2NDS by 35 runs
Cambridge Granta 2nds 168 (M. Lavender 3-19).
Warboys 133 (M. Lavender 31).
WESTON COLVILLE lost to KIMBOLTON by 150 runs
Kimbolton 221-7 (R. Fenton 89, C. Gilthorpe 84).
Weston Colville 71 (R. Claassen 5-17, M. Moore 4-25).