MOUNTAIN BIKING: Trotter and Kenna shine in Suffolk as they claim Eastern Series successes
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Cycling Club riders collected four podium places at the latest round of the Mud Sweat & Gears Eastern Series.
Sam Trotter and Orla Kenna were the star performers with victories at a dry and dusty Hintlesham track.
Trotter triumphed in the Youth Male category while Kenna was successful at Under 12 Girls level in sweltering conditions in Suffolk.
Nathan Gibson was runner-up in the Junior Male category while Sapphire Curtis finished third in the Junior Girls contest.
Ruby O’Dell just missed out on another podium finish when fourth in the Under 9 Girls race while Max Falkner was eighth in the Youth Male bracket.
You may also want to watch:
Others to represent the club were Leo Falkner (11th, Open Male), Andy Fountain (13th, Grand Veteran Male), Mick Curtis (37th, Grand Veteran Male) and Elliott Kenna (61st, Open Male).
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 6 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Manager of BID Huntingdon is retiring after 11 years of service