MOUNTAIN BIKING: Series glory for St Ives riders
- Credit: Archant
Two St Ives Cycling Club racers have claimed Mud Sweat & Gears Eastern Series glory.
Sam Trotter triumphed in the Youth Male category while Nathan Gibson was the star performer at Junior Male level.
Clubmate Ruby O’Dell was second overall in the Under 9 Girls section with Orla Kenna (Under 12 Girls) and Sapphire Curtis (Juvenile Girls) both taking thid places.
Kenna won the final round of the series at Langdon Hills in Essex where Gibson was second and O’Dell third.
Another St Ives rider, Max Falkner, finished second in the Youth Male race in the closing round with his brother, Ralf, in fifth. Their father, Leo, was ninth in the Open Male bracket with Jack Taylor (sixth in Sport Male) another top-10 performer.
You may also want to watch:
Ralf Falkner has been selected to represent the Eastern region in the Inter-Regional Championships this weekend. They take place at the Hadleigh Farm venue in Essex which staged the Olympic Games races of 2012.
- 1 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 2 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse