Triumph for new athletics squad
A NEWLY formed Cambridgeshire athletics squad consisting of some of the best athletes in the county have brought home victory after achieving first place in two leagues. Under the management of Nigel Faben and captains Scott Fields and Chloe Edwards, the
A NEWLY formed Cambridgeshire athletics squad consisting of some of the best athletes in the county have brought home victory after achieving first place in two leagues.
Under the management of Nigel Faben and captains Scott Fields and Chloe Edwards, the newly formed Team Cambridgeshire Athletic Squad came first in the Under-20 National Junior Athletic League Thames Division and the NJL Southern Promotion League.
This was the first time the team had entered the competitions.
The league was held at the Thames Valley Stadium and brought together some of the south's major athletic clubs, including
You may also want to watch:
Harrow, Bournemouth, Medway &
Maidstone, Basildon, Ashford, Brighton & Hove and the Vale of Aylesbury.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
All teams were hoping to be placed in the top two on the day to give themselves a
promotion place into the National Junior Premier League for 2007. With a high
percentage of Team Cambridgeshire still in the under-17 age group they performed well against older athletes recording new personal bests in both the track and field events.
The team came in first place, recording a score of 477 points with Harrow coming in second place with 452.5 points. Team caption Chloe Edwards won the discus after throwing 39.96m.