TRIATHLON: Relay glory and fine individual performances at Grafham Water
- Credit: Archant
St Neots NiceTri claimed relay glory at the Grafham Middle Distance Triathlon last Sunday.
The tem of Gary Wale, Pat Ellerbeck and Phil Redden took the honours in a total time of 4:37.50.
Clubmates Jeremy Hill, Karl Hiner and Paul Ridley combined for a runners-up finish in 4:57.42 with another NiceTri trio – Kevin Steel, Paula Fitzjohn and Dawn Parr – back in seventh place (5:50.40).
Kyle Chesterman was the local club’s leading finisher in the individual event, completing the 1,500m swim, 56-mile cycle and 13.1-mile run in 4:34.26. That earned him 22nd place overall.
Andy Neeves knocked almost an hour off his personal best with a 5:36.24 performances while David Irwin (5:42.05) and Karen French (6:03.49) also performed well.
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri man Adrian Beer was the star local performer as he finished 14th overall.
Beer’s total time of 4:29.57 was also enough to earn him second place in the M35-39 category.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
Clubmate Gemma Palmer-Dighton was 66th overall in 6:43.33 and 10th in her F35-39 section.
Elsewhere, David Thomas completed his first triathlon in the latest round of the Bedford Super Sprint Series. He completed a 400m swim, 24km cycle and 5km run in 1:26.47 to finish 69th. Fellow BRJ competitor Eugene Gill was 50th in 1:22.17.