TRIATHLON: Chapman impresses over the Olympic distance, clubmates tackle the sprint distance and young Freya sample success in an aquathlon
- Credit: Archant
Josh Chapman of Huntingdon BRJ Run & Tri finished third in the Monster Mojito triathlon in Peterborough.
The Olympic distance event featured a 1.5km swim, 38km cycle and 10km run which Chapman completed in a total time of 2:07.21.
Clubmates Paulus Maukonen (2:22.11) and Karen Maukonen (3:17.17) finished as 13th man and 25th woman respectively.
Other club members took part in the first race of the St Neots Triathlon Series, tackling a 1.5km swim, 45km cycle and 10km run.
Adrian Beer was the best of the BRJ bunch in 2:13.01 which earned 113th place overall in a field of 476 participants.
You may also want to watch:
Gilles Corby (211th, 2:13.01) and David Ward (273rd, 2:27.21) also completed the event while Neil Muspratt was unable to finish.
Stuart Hathaway was 43rd overall - seventh in his age category - when taking part in the Pitsford Triathlon over the sprint distance of a 750m swim, 21km cycle and 5km run.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 8 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 9 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 10 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
Emma Figures was the 15th female finisher in the Big T Triathlon in Trowbridge - another sprint distance event - in 1:36.15.
BRJ youngster Freya Harris was first in her age group at the Bedford Aquathlon. Kian Lee finished as third boy in his section.