TRAMPOLINING: Super sisters Carys and Ciara reach British Championship finals
- Credit: Archant
Two sisters have booked their places in the British Championship finals.
Carys Verdicchio (11-12yrs) and Ciara Verdicchio (open age) both delivered sparkling performances at the Spring Series event in Telford last weekend.
Carys took top spot on the day while older sibling Ciara finished fifth but produced the necessary qualification score for the finals in Liverpool in September.
They were joined at the Spring Series event by two other members of the Huntingdon-based Rotations club.
Katie Marson (19+ performance) finished in sixth place which was enough to advance to the National Development Plan finals later in the year.
You may also want to watch:
Hannah Morris, competing in the 17-21yrs category, just missed out on a qualification score when finishing ninth, but did advance to the final in the double mini-trampoline category.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 5 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon