TRAMPOLINING: Medal success at Spring Series event
- Credit: Archant
Two Rotations talents scooped medals at the Trampoline and Tumbling Spring Series 2 event last weekend.
Ciara Verdicchio struck gold in the Disability Nat 1 Cat 1 category at the English Institute of Sport, in Sheffield.
She produced a fine performance to beat her closest challenger by almost half-a-point.
And there was a double-success for Rotations clubmate, Hannah Morris, who picked up a pair of silver medals.
Morris finished second in the Level 8 15/16yrs section and occupied the same position in the DMT Elite standings.
You may also want to watch:
Both gymnasts now advance to the British finals, which are being staged in Telford over the weekend of July 8/9.
Another member of the Huntingdon-based Rotations club, Katie Marson, was also in action in Sheffield.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
She finished in an impressive sixth position in the DMT Elite 17+ bracket.