Town pay for lack of service
Division One Huntingdon Town 1 Daventry Town 1 HUNTINGDON Town kept up their incredible scoring run but couldn t claim all three points against mid-table rivals Daventry in a gale at Jubilee Park. Huntingdon manager Paul Swannell admitted the gusty condit
Huntingdon Town 1 Daventry Town 1
HUNTINGDON Town kept up their incredible scoring run but couldn't claim all three points against mid-table rivals Daventry in a gale at Jubilee Park.
Huntingdon manager Paul Swannell admitted the gusty conditions had largely spoilt the game but praised his players for trying to play good football.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Beanie made some good saves in the home goal as Daventry used the wind but the visitors took the lead through Adam Confue nine minutes before the interval.
Huntingdon levelled the scores on 58 minutes when Peterborough United loanee Alan Haine scored with a smart finish.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Despite having the advantage of the wind Huntingdon struggled to create many clear-cut openings and a point was probably a fair result.
Swannell said: "We didn't provide enough decent service to our front men and although we dominated the second half, we didn't create enough chances."
Huntingdon travel to strugglers Bugbrooke St Michaels at the weekend.
n Huntingdon Town are looking for a groundsman to help with the upkeep of their Jubilee Park pitch. Anyone interested in helping out on a part-time basis should contact club chairman Hans Reif on 07793486460.
n Chester City trained at Town's Jubilee Park ground ahead of their FA Cup third round replay against Ipswich last night (Tuesday).