Town downed by late Olney strikes
UCL Division One: Olney Town 4-0 Huntingdon Town AFTER starting the season with a bang, Huntingdon s fall back to old ways continued with defeat at Olney. Late goals at the end of each half gave the scoreline a flattering sheen for Olney, as they consigne
UCL Division One: Olney Town 4-0 Huntingdon Town
AFTER starting the season with a bang, Huntingdon's fall back to old ways continued with defeat at Olney.
Late goals at the end of each half gave the scoreline a flattering sheen for Olney, as they consigned Town to their third league defeat on the bounce.
After competing well for 45 minutes, it was Olney who stole the lead in stoppage time through Simon Denton.
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdon hit the bar twice after the restart but conceded a second on 56 minutes when Steve Foster took his chance well. The visitors had chances to reduce the arrears after co-managers Al Lenihan and Pat O'Keefe altered the formation, but they could not finish.
With less than five minutes remaining, Olney added a third when Foster struck again before Clarke Abrams completed the proceedings with a goal deep into added time.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
Co-manager O'Keefe pointed to the absence of nine first team squad players.
"We were under-strength but we played well until added time in the first half. We hope the signing of Danny Stewart will bolster central midfield, and he should be available for Tuesday's game against Kempston.