RUTLAND LEAGUE CRICKET: A ‘Tower-ing’ innings from Australian star Jake in Ramsey triumph
- Credit: Archant
Australian ace Jake Towerton completed two marvellous cricketing feats in the same stunning innings yesterday.
The Ramsey star’s unbeaten double-century in a Rutland League Division Two clash at Uffington also included six sixes in one over.
Towerton finished unbeaten on 218 as Ramsey breezed to a seven-wicket success in just 29 overs despite being set an imposing 288-4 by their hosts.
He whacked 18 sixes in all (including one from every ball of a Josh Bentley over) and also notched 21 fours. Sixteen balls were lost during the course of his innings at a small village ground.
It is the second ton of unpaid overseas player Towerton’s debut season on these shores. He recently cracked 163 in a Hunts League Division Three fixture when representing Ramsey’s third team while his previous career-best innings was a 168 in his homeland.
You may also want to watch:
Towerton provided the second double-century by an Australian batsman in this area in the space of just eight days.
Waresley teenager Dan Cummins cracked a club record 219no in a Hunts League Division Two rampage at Nassington the previous Saturday (June 16).
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity