Priory under 9s continued their superb form by winning their second tournament in three weeks. The club held their annual event on Sunday, and their growing reputation ensured more than 100 teams competed throughout various age groups. The strong U9 outf
Priory under 9s continued their superb form by winning their second tournament in three weeks.
The club held their annual event on Sunday, and their growing reputation ensured more than 100 teams competed throughout various age groups.
The strong U9 outfit powered their way through the group stages winning four of their five games, only conceding one goal.
They then faced the much fancied Ampthill Colts in the semi final, and although the match was quite close, an Ollie Simpson penalty ensured Priory won 1-0 and secured a place in the final.
You may also want to watch:
The final was another tense game against a well organised Histon team. Priory clearly had the majority of the possession,but struggled to finish off promising attacks, until they were awarded a penalty for a goalkeeping infringement.
Nathan George struck an unstoppable shot which proved to be the winner.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
The entire squad was described as a credit to the club, playing with a great deal of effort and commitment. Other goalscorers during the day were, Harrison Upton, Jay Lambert, Conner Young.
Squad: Stuart Chamberlain, Scott Pavely, Connor Young, Nathan George, Harrison Upton, Ollie Simpson, Jay Lambert, Alex Cane.