Top squash stars battle for big prize at Hunts County
- Credit: Archant
The biggest prize in club squash was decided at Hunts County Squash Club last week.
Derbyshire side Duffield lifted the trophy following a 3-2 victory over St George’s Hill in the Premier Squash League grand final.
It was the latest major event to be staged at the local venue following the recent British Under 23 Championships.
Hunts County head coach Colin Griggs said: “The Premier Squash League is regarded as the most prestigious title at club level anywhere in the world.
“Staging the final confirmed our status as being a truly international-standard facility.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully the past few weeks can mark the start of a great era for the club.”
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol