Top spot for swimmers
SWIMMERS from the St Ives swimming club have won the second round of the Milton Keynes Junior League. The St Ives club took part in the gala earlier this month at the Stoke Mandeville pool in Aylesbury. They were up against swimming clubs from Luton, Ayle
SWIMMERS from the St Ives swimming club have won the second round of the Milton Keynes Junior League.
The St Ives club took part in the gala earlier this month at the Stoke Mandeville pool in Aylesbury. They were up against swimming clubs from Luton, Aylesbury, Wellingborough and Amersham.
The club had already won the first round of the competition at Leighton Buzzard in June, but after a slow start which saw the team in fourth position for much of the competition, it took until the final relay for the team to steam ahead to first place in the second round.
Martyn Pritchard, from the club, said: "With two gala victories under their belts and two rounds to be completed, the young St Ives squad is now in pole position to finish first in the league and win promotion."
You may also want to watch:
The junior Luton swimmers came second, while home team Aylesbury came third.
The third round of the Milton Keynes Junior League is on Wednesday, September 15.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 8 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages