Tony McCoy is one for the ladies at Huntingdon
SIXTEEN times champion jockey Tony McCoy is on his way to Huntingdon for the racecourse’s annual Ladies’ Evening on Tuesday night.
Sophie Hodgkinson, managing director of Huntingdon Racecourse, said: “Ladies love to come racing and our ladies’ evening offers an especially good chance to dress to impress.
“The horse racing is excellent and we are delighted that Tony McCoy, who is such a favourite with our visitors, will be here riding.”
There will be valuable prizes for the winner and runners-up in the Connect FM-sponsored Best Dressed Lady competition.
The prizes include a deluxe spa stay for two people at Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa in Northamptonshire worth over �500, plus hundreds of pounds of shopping vouchers to spend in La Bella ladies’ boutique in Higham Ferrers, Northamptonshire, and the Alicia lingerie shop in Finedon, Wellingborough.
The competition sponsor will be handing out goody bags during the evening and there will be a fabulous selection of stalls selling culinary treats, fashion items and accessories, and exquisite beauty and spa treatments.
The time of the first race is 6.25pm. Gates open at 4.25pm. The final race is at 8.55pm.
- 1 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 2 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Pub of the Year finalists
- 3 'The impossible is possible' - Cambs' Kat Cordiner breaks Atlantic record
- 4 Bakery and baking school opens after Crowdfunding push
- 5 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
- 6 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 7 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
The meeting is the last chance to go racing at Huntingdon before the racecourse’s summer break. Jump racing resumes on the August bank holiday Monday.
Adult admission, for the main enclosure, is �15. Accompanied under 18s are free.