Tolley does his level best
St Neots striker equals Francis Brand’s club record of 54 goals in a season in all competitions
SAINTS striker Shane Tolley ended the campaign having equalled the club record for goals scored during a season.
His brace against St Ives in the Hunts Senior Cup final last Monday took him level with Francis Brand on 54 goals in competitive matches.
And, although he was unable to break the 42-year record in the Hinchingbrooke Cup final, his astonishing stats already make him one of the club’s great all-time goal getters.
St Neots Town’s top scorers during a campaign (post-war):
You may also want to watch:
• Francis Brand (1968/69 season) 46 matches, 54 goals (47 league, 7 cup).
• Shane Tolley (2010/11 season) 44 matches, 54 goals (37 league, 17 cup).
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
• Steve Kuhne (2005/06 season) 54 matches, 46 goals (37 league, 9 cup).