Tolley does his level best
St Neots striker equals Francis Brand’s club record of 54 goals in a season in all competitions
SAINTS striker Shane Tolley ended the campaign having equalled the club record for goals scored during a season.
His brace against St Ives in the Hunts Senior Cup final last Monday took him level with Francis Brand on 54 goals in competitive matches.
And, although he was unable to break the 42-year record in the Hinchingbrooke Cup final, his astonishing stats already make him one of the club’s great all-time goal getters.
St Neots Town’s top scorers during a campaign (post-war):
• Francis Brand (1968/69 season) 46 matches, 54 goals (47 league, 7 cup).
• Shane Tolley (2010/11 season) 44 matches, 54 goals (37 league, 17 cup).
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 4 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 5 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 8 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
• Steve Kuhne (2005/06 season) 54 matches, 46 goals (37 league, 9 cup).