CYCLING: Hat-trick of successes for flying Phillips
- Credit: Archant
Tim Phillips continued his domination of the St Ives Cycling Club 10-mile time trial series.
Phillips completed a hat-trick by winning his third successive start in the weekly event last Wednesday night.
He produced a personal-best time of 22.11 in near-perfect conditions, finishing more than a minute-and-a-half clear of his closest rival.
Charlie Bratt was runner-up in 23.45 while Nick Hall took third place in 24.18. Both of those riders were aboard standard road bikes without any sort of aero-dynamic additions for time trials.
Jess Williams was the fastest female rider in seventh position with a time of 26.10.
You may also want to watch:
Latest St Ives Cycling Club 10-mile time trial results: 1 Tim Phillips 22.11, 2 Charlie Bratt 23.45, 3 Nick Hall 24.18, 4 Mike Hoy 24.41, 5 Phil Oxborough 24.25, 6 Daniel Rigby 24.41, 7 Jess Williams 26.10, 8 Cameron Walker 26.30, 9 Steve Bannell 26.43, 10 Ben Hall 27.10, 11 Bob Cooper 27.26, 12 Tony Cork 28.04, 13 Cecilia Hime 28.16, 14= Julia Wardley-Kershaw 29.03, 14= Glenn Morris 29.03, 16 Lilly O’Dell 29.23, 17 Chris Penney 31.13, 18 Ryan O’Dell 32.18.
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week